Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving? Bah, humbug.

I keep waiting for the perky announcers narrating the Thanksgiving Day Parade to face the camera and solemnly announce, "And now, here with an opposing view of Thanksgiving, we bring you an unemployed person."

Yeah, I know: There's still a lot to be thankful for. I'm not eying my dogs' vittles quite yet. And I have had an encouraging first week of pursuing leads and networking. But it's still tough. So I'm reconciling myself with the jokes and off-beat observations that I might've otherwise missed in my tryptophan stupor.

David Letterman joked on his show last night that Sarah Palin might disrupt the parade by impulsively shooting the Bullwinkle balloon.

I also enjoyed one blogger/tweeter's post about rallying the clowns for a Thanksgiving parade float. Send in the clowns, indeed.

Okay, back to watching Matt and Al provide cutting insight into the various floats. Oh, my, gotta go--the Rockettes are next!

No comments:

Post a Comment